This one day course provides the participants with tools to work with gene-modified animals with a focus on small rodents.
Participants of the course will learn:
- The different techniques for generation of gene-modified animals
- The different artificial allele types used in research and their annotation
- Required controls in experiments with gene-modified animals
- Basic breeding rules and practices
- Establishment of typing protocols
- Reverse engineering of gene-modifications
After lectures introducing the basics in these topics participants solve practical problems typically arising during the course of a project involving gene-modified animal. The solutions will be discussed.
Participants of the course will be able to understand the different types of gene-modification, appreciate the risks involved in their use, establish breedings and typing protocols.
For more details please read the full description of this course in this link